We are aware of a recent issue regarding publishing products on Etsy via direct integration. While we work hard to resolve this, you can use CedCommerce to help you publish products to Etsy without any delays. If you're experiencing this specific issue, you can jump to our guide at the bottom of this article.
We provide the following guide as-is for information only, and our support team cannot answer any technical questions relating to CedCommerce or it's set-up. All questions relating to CedCommerce should be directed to our Facebook Group, or to CedCommerce support.
CedCommerce and ShineOn
If you have ShineOn > Shopify integration set up, it's possible to also integrate with the CedCommerce suite of apps. This allows you to take advantage of even more marketplaces and sales opportunity, like selling on Amazon. It also allows you to publish to multiple marketplaces at once, such as eBay, Etsy, TikTok and many more.
What is CedCommerce and how does it work?
CedCommerce is a platform that connects your Shopify Store to one or more marketplaces seamlessly through the use of their Shopify Apps. This enables you to sell ShineOn products across multiple marketplaces!
It requires a little bit of set up - once you have created your products within the ShineOn app, they will appear as products on your Shopify store. From there you can use the range of CedCommerce apps to further push those Shopify products onto your marketplaces of choice.
Then, orders which are made on those marketplaces will sync to your Shopify, and in turn they will sync to us.
CedCommerce doesn't integrate with ShineOn directly - but this works because CedCommerce syncs to your Shopify which hosts your ShineOn products. CedCommerce can be used with any items on your Shopify Store - not just ShineOn ones!
Useful Information to get started.
To get started with CedCommerce; Click Here to find out about their range of Shopify apps.
You can learn more about selling on Etsy via CedCommerce here.
You can learn more about selling on eBay via CedCommerce here.
You can contact CedCommerce support here.
Set up guide: Connecting your Shopify to Etsy via CedCommerce.
If you're experiencing problems publishing products to your Etsy store the normal way, and would like to use CedCommerce to publish your products immediately, You can get set up with Etsy CedCommerce on Shopify by following the guide below:
- First you need a Shopify store, if you do not already have one.
- Once you have created your Shopify account, you will need to set up ShineOn > Shopify direct Integration. This will enable you to create products from your ShineOn account, and they will sync over to your new Shopify account.
- You will need to create products on ShineOn on your new Shopify Sales channel. Products already created on your Etsy Sales channel cannot be moved over.
Next, we need to set up some things over on Etsy so that things go smoothly later.
If you have already set up ShineOn > Etsy direct integration before, you can skip to here.
Log in to Etsy, and head to the Store Manager
Click Settings, and then Production Partners
Click Add New Production Partner
Fill out the details for us based on the screenshot provided:
If you prefer to uncheck "Show this production partner's name to buyers" that's fine, too! It will ask you for a short description of what we do instead.
Next we recommend you set up a shipping profile.
Click Shipping Settings
Click Add Profile
Please make sure you have a shipping profile with fixed rates before trying to connect. Fixed rates is “I’ll manually set my own fixed rates”
Add 3 zones: US, European Union, Rest of the World, Optional fourth zone: UK
And then set up the profile to match the screenshot provided:
- US: Carrier UPS Ground
- EU: USPS First Class Mail International
- UK: USPS First Class Mail International
- Rest of the world: USPS First Class Mail International
- (Optional) Set all shipping rates to 0 to enable free delivery
Next you'll need to disable options for Gift Messaging. At this time, ShineOn isn't able to fulfill gift messages or gift wrapping with Etsy orders. To make sure this doesn't cause confusion or problems with your future customers, for now it is best to disable the features on Etsy before you get any orders.
Do to this:
Click Settings, and then Options
Make sure both of these options are disabled.
Setting up CedCommerce
Once you have your Etsy account primed and ready, a Shopify account, and your ShineOn products you wish to sell are synced over to your Shopify. You can set up CedCommerce:
- Install the CedCommerce Etsy app.
- You will now need to connect the CedCommerce app to your Etsy Store. Click the checkbox and Connect With Etsy.
- Grant Access to CedCommerce
As part of the Onboarding process for CedCommerce, you can easily import the products you created earlier.
- Click the import options drop-down and click Import all products. (You can also choose to import only your published products.
- Confirm the import
- After a few moments the import will be confirmed, Click next.
- You will be asked to input an Etsy category for your products, as it is likely you are adding multiple different product types, you can click the checkbox and click Skip & Continue.
- Make sure Product Sync is enabled, and all the catagories are checked then click Save & Next.
- Ensure all the Checkboxes are enabled and click Save and Next
- Once again, Ensure all the Checkboxes are enabled and click Save & Next.
- Ensure the top two checkboxes are enabled and click Save & Next.
- Finalize any details, and click Save & Next
- Finalize any details, and click Finish.
Setting up products on CedCommerce.
You will be taken to the CedCommerce Dashboard.
- You will need to set up a profile for your products. This will need to be repeated for each product type if you are selling a range of different product styles. In this example we will set up a product Profile for Necklaces.
- Optional: You can watch an official video on Setting up profiles from CedCommerce here.
- For the Product type, type in Necklaces and choose it from the drop-down.
- You can set up a condition so that the profile you are creating is automatically applied to all products under the rules you assign. Here I have set up a rule so that all products that have "Necklace" in the title will automatically have this profile applied.
- Think carefully about setting up these conditions, if you set them up right you can save yourself a lot of work manually assigning profiles for your products later.
- Next you will need to set up the listing settings based on this screenshot, The production partner you entered on Etsy earlier should be visible here.
- Choose: Another company or person
- Choose: A Finished Product
- Choose: Made-to-order
- Set the production partner to ShineOn
- All other options you can choose whatever you like or leave them blank.
- You can add attributes from your options on Shopify to automatically map to the attributes on the Etsy listing. For now we will keep things simple with just one entry. Select Choose Finish on Shopify and map it to Finish on Etsy. You can click the trash icon next to the others.
- You can leave this next option blank for now.
- Under Shipping click the Drop-down and select the Shipping Template you created on Etsy earlier.
- Under Policy Template, click Create New.
- Uncheck both Returns and Exchanges and click save.
- Name the Profile and click Save in the top right
- Back on the Dashboard you should see the following message. Click Products.
- Over on the products page, the products which fit under the conditions of your profile you just set up will be moved into the Profile Assigned section. In this case, all products which have "Necklace" in the title have had the profile assigned.
- Check the products you wish to publish on Etsy, Choose the bulk action Publish on Etsy, and click Submit.
- After a moment your products should be published on Etsy
Check and finalize the Etsy Listing
The hard part is now done. Now you just need to finish up your listing on Etsy before your product goes live.
Head to Etsy, and go to your store manager.
- Click on your new listing to begin editing it.
The listing page has multiple options for you to set to make sure everything is perfect for your product. You can browse your listing and edit these as you need. These are entirely up to you, so try to make them as accurate as possible for the best sales potential!
At the top of the page, you can add more photos, or re-arrange the order of them. You can also adjust the product thumbnail.
Further down under Listing Details, you can set your Recipient. And down further still, you can set tags for your product to help your niche find it.
Finally, near the bottom, variants of your product can be switched on and off.
Fill out as much information as you would like on this page. Once you are done, click Publish.
Once you have paid Etsy's listing fee, you're done!
Your listing will now be live on your Etsy store. All orders for this product will sync to your Shopify, which in turn will sync to ShineOn. You can keep an eye on your orders from the Orders section of your ShineOn account.