When selling on Etsy or Shopify. All products should be created from your ShineOn dashboard. This allows the product to automatically get created via the direct integration on your sales channel of choice.
Orders for products not created via the ShineOn account (for example, products which have been duplicated in Shopify) will NOT sync over to Etsy or Shopify.
There are some minor differences in the process of creating and listing products depending on if you are using Etsy or Shopify. But generally all of the following applies:
Create a product
To get started creating a product, you first need to click the Create New+ button
- Next, choose a product type from the catalog:
- You can now select the product you would like to create.
- Next, you can upload your artwork here.
- Tip: if you run into issues with our publisher, you can use the old publisher by scrolling to the bottom, although you will miss out on the below features. Only use this if you need to.
- If you're on a ShineOn starter plan or higher, Some Products support Personlization when uploading your artwork. If the product you are creating supports this feature, you will see the panel below. This is optional, but if you would like to learn how to use this feature, you can click here.
- Give your product a title and description. It's possible the change the language of the listing here, as well.
- You can enable and disable variations of this product, as well as set their prices.
- Images of the product can be deleted, rearranged or added on the next panel
- Clicking Choose Image opens the image selector.
- You can choose the default image by mousing over an image and clicking the star. You can also filter images based on the variant, and the image style.
- When you are done, clicking I'm Done will close the image selector.
- If you are publishing on Shopify, and have a ShineOn starter plan or higher. You can configure upsells next. There are three different kinds of upsells, and you can switch them on and off by clicking on them.
- Learn more about upsells here.
- Once you are happy with your product, click Publish.
- Your product will publish and you'll be taken to the product editor.
- You're done!
Managing and editing a product.
Once you have created a product, you'll be take to the product editor:
- You can access the product editor at any time by locating a product within Products.
- You can reconfigure most details of your product here including editing the title, the description, and upsell options, as well as do a few extra things like switch out the ShineOn Product Page version and order samples.
- You can also update the images, set prices for variations, and download the artwork.
- It is not possible to re-upload artwork for a product. If you need to make amendments to a products artwork, you must create a new one.