Things just got Personal.
Personalizations is a feature of our product creator, available on some products being published to your Shopify store for ShineOn Subscription members.
The Personalizations feature allows you to assign areas on your product design that your customer can freely edit. This allows your customers to customize the design of the product to include things like names, dates, and other text.
The feature allows for multiple text fields so customers can include multiple names, dates or other information, and an array of different font styles and formatting options for each text field, to ensure the customers results look consistent with your artwork.
You set the position, font size size, font style etc, and the customer can enter their own details.
Here's what it looks like:
Before we jump in let's cover some essential prerequisites:
This feature is only compatible with Shopify, and requires the use of the ShineOn product page. It is also compatible with the ShineOn FAST product page.
This feature is exclusive to our most recent product publisher, and is not available via the old publisher, it also does not it work with the bulk uploader.
Images uploaded must be a perfect square, and transparent images are supported.
Not all products in our catalog are supported just yet. If the Personalizations feature does not appear when creating a product, that product is not supported just yet - but keep checking back as we are adding more all the time.
How to use the Personalizations feature.
Accessing the Personalizations feature is very simple. When creating a compatible product, you will notice an extra panel within the product publisher:
- Go ahead and upload your design as normal, once done, the options of the Personalizations feature will become available to configure:
- To add a text field, simply drag the text option onto your design.
- A blank text field will appear, and you can drag it around to place it, or resize it by dragging on the nodes around the edges
- By default, the snap to grid feature is turned on, This will display a grid pattern across your design, this grid will not appear on the final design, and only serves to help you place your elements neatly.
- If you would like to see your design without the grid, or place your elements freeform (without snapping) you can disable snap to grid.
- Once your text is placed, the formatting options will appear
- The top text box will change the text currently on the design. This can be used as a visual aid to help you set the font formatting, but also acts as the default text shown on your product when customers visit the product page.
- The Label box is the label of the text field as shown to the customer on the product page for example "First Name" "Mom's Name" etc. In this case "Example Name" - here's how it appears on the product page:
- The Placeholder box is the text that is pre-entered into the entry field on the product page, For example "Enter name" or "Type here" - Example pictured says "Adam" pictured above, and also here:
- The font dropdown allows you to choose from a selection of fonts for this text field
- Style allows you set the weight of the text, (bold, etc)
- Align allows you to set the text alignment within the text field on the design.
- And the color dropdown presents a color editor, allowing you to pick a color, or use an eyedropper tool, or specific RGB values to choose a color for the text.
- Dragging a new text field onto the design again will create another text field with it's own set of options. This can be placed and configured independently of the other text fields.
- The options of the other text fields will be hidden when editing the currently selected field, to view them again, click on that text field on the design.
- You can rearrange the layer order of the fields you create by dragging on the dots next to them on the list. The layers will stack up in order, with layers higher on the list displaying on top of layers underneath it on the list.
- When you're happy with how things are set up, go ahead and continue to publish your product as normal.
- Over on the product page. Your design will now show with the options you configured:
- Customers can type into the box, and the text will display an updated preview in real time:
And you're done!
Once you have finished set up of the Personalizations feature, it's possible to edit the options for personalization later before the product gets any orders.
When a product gets orders, it's personalization will become locked, and if personalization settings need to change afterwards, you will need to re-publish the product.
To change the settings, simply head over to your product, and enter the product editor. A new Personalization button has been added to the product editor, which will take you back to these options.