For customers in the USA, it's possible to ship orders via Priority Shipping, after some set up by you, the seller.
As a seller, you can be located anywhere in the world, but Priority shipping will be offered to USA customer only.
Priority Shipping requires a ShineOn Subscription of Side-hustle or above.
Once set up, Customers in the USA can choose to ship their order priority at checkout.
This works for Shopify only at this time, Etsy is planned and more information will be available soon.
Priority shipping ships via FedEx (you can find out more about that here) who do not deliver to PO boxes. Therefore Priority shipping will not work for deliveries to PO boxes.
Let's take a look at what you need to do.
Set up overview
The overall process of setting this up works as follows:
- A shipping profile must be configured for Shopify containing a special key word in the rate name (such as "Speedy")
- In the ShineOn App, you add that same keyword as a tag to the Priority shipping method.
- When customers check out using that shipping profile rate, it will tell your ShineOn Account that order is Priority, and will ship as such.
- On Shopfiy, click settings in the bottom left.
- Click Shipping and delivery.
- Click Create New Profile.
- Name the profile. In this example we will name the profile Priority ShineOn. But this can be named anything.
- Click Add Products, and choose which products should use the profile.
- Create a shipping zone for the United States.
- You will then need to add two shipping rates. One for your normal shipping rate, and another shipping rate for Priority shipping. You can charge whatever you like for these.
- Make a note of what you have named the Priority shipping rate, as this will form the basis of your tag, later. (In the screenshot below it is simply called Speedy)
Set up the tag on your ShineOn account.
Now that you have set up your Shipping rates in Shopify/Etsy, you'll need to set up the Shipping tag on your ShineOn account, so that when customers choose Priority shipping, it syncs with your ShineOn account.
- From your ShineOn account. Go to Settings > Store settings.
- Under the Shipping Configuration section, click Make Default next to Priority US.
- Type the keyword which matches the name of the Priority shipping rate you set up before on Shopify pictured below (In this case, Speedy as set up earlier) and click save.
- The tag will now appear next to the shipping name.
And you're done!
Now whenever a customer uses that shipping rate at checkout, it will sync with our systems and send Priority.