Note that we're working on our own Product Personlization feature (for shopify), so to keep things simple, you should first review how to use Our Product Personlization Feature. You may find the features you need are already part of your account, and you do not require the use of Zepto or other 3rd party apps.
If you would like to proceed with Zepto, our Artwork Swapper feature allows you as the seller to customize product artwork for each individual sale. This is perfect if you're a seller on Etsy or Shopify and want to allow the customer to personalize their artwork or make things bespoke for each order.
If you're using the Shopify app, it's also possible to use our Artwork Swapper feature in conjunction with a service such as Zepto Product Personalizer to automate the customization of certain fields.
Using product personalizer, you can allow customers to input their own information such as names, dates, or messages when placing an order, which will automatically generate artwork and submit it for manufacture.
To find out more information on this, check out the video, and follow this guide to get it set up.
Note that we are not affiliated with Zepto Product Personalizer and support of this product is limited to the scope of this guide. If you have an questions about Product Personalizer, you should contact their support.
This guide requires you are familiar with Artwork Swapper and how it works. Find out more here.
In order to follow this guide, you need to:
- First enable artwork swapper on the product you want to enable Product Personalizer on.
- On Shopify select the Zepto Product Personalizer app.
- Find the product in the list and click Configure.
The Product Editor and it's possbilities.
The screen you see now is the Product Editor inside of Product Personalizer.
Here you can add the fields you would like your customers to be free to edit.
In order for a customer to add their own messages and text to a product, the artwork in the background will need to be free of any text (just the background), and then text added in using this tool.
Now you should:
- Click the green plus next to the background image to Add the base image of the product. (the artwork the customer will be customizing onto - the artwork which will will apply to the product and NOT a render of the final product)
- Add and customize the editable fields. You can move and resize the input fields on the artwork, add additional fields, change the font used, and many other options.
This part of the process gives you a lot of flexibility on what you can add. You can be as creative as you like here, so for this reason instead of walking you through the specific steps, please take a moment to watch the official video from Zapto on the next step on configuring products to learn more about what you can do.
Take the time to lay out the fields and configuration options as you would including adding any text fields you would like the customer to be able to edit.
The official product configuring guide.
You can watch a more in-depth and offical guide on configuring poroducts here.
We highly recommend reviewing the official documentation on configuring products here. To learn more about what's possible.
Reviewing the options.
- Once you're done configuring your product, click Save.
- Visiting the product page will display a new option to your customers, allowing them to personalize the product.
- When the customer clicks this box, they can input information in the fields you configured in setup.
- Once they are done, adding the product to the cart and checking out will automatically send that artwork to production.
And you're done!