From order to delivery. What happens?
Thousands of orders leave our factories every day! Here's what the process looks like.
The initial order. A buyer places an order for a ShineOn product on a sellers storefront. Payment for this order is sent from the buyer to the seller.
- This product has to of been created via the Sellers ShineOn Account for orders to come through to us.
Our systems will check their store for new orders created using our direct integration, and import them over to their ShineOn Account. This process is known as "Syncing". Most of the time this happens right away, but sometimes can take up to 24 hours.
- All information required to create and ship the order is pulled over to us at this time, including the address of the buyer, product type, artwork and information, etc.
- Occasionally, a hold may need to be applied to the order, if an order needs to be held, it will be done so here. Holds can happen for many reasons, including missing information on the order (like address or personalization information), manual artwork, fraud concerns, and other reasons.
Payment will then need to be made for the base cost of the order. This is done by the seller. The seller can set up automatic payment in their ShineOn account so that all orders that come in can be automatically paid.
- This is where the seller makes their profit. The seller can charge whatever they like for their product to the buyer, and we will only charge the base cost and shipping. For example: If the seller charges $45 for an item and the buyer gives them that $45 on the initial order, the seller will then pay us our base cost and shipping total of $10 (not the actual rate) leaving the seller with $35 profit.
Once payment is received and cleared, the order will enter production. The steps taken for each item to be created will be different depending on the product type.
- Acrylic products will be cut to shape and have the artwork expertly applied.
- Custom Name Necklaces will be perfectly cut to the name specified.
- Message card products will be expertly printed, cut to size and boxed by our production team.
- Graphical Jewelry will have the artwork applied directly to the jewelry piece, a protective coating and sealant will be applied, and boxed by our production team.
- Engraved products will be engraved by our top-of-the-line engraving machines.
- Leather Products will have artwork professionally applied.
- Homeware products will be masterfully woven or cut at our partner factory by our expert team.
- Finally, once the order has been produced, it will be packed and shipped. The details of the shipping information such as tracking info will be added to the order in ShineOn admin.