If one of your orders is showing as "On Hold" it will appear Red in your orders list.
Orders that are on hold will not enter production until the hold can be released.
Some reasons an order may be placed on hold include:
- It has artwork swapper enabled and is awaiting manual addition of artwork.
- The shipping address has been entered incorrectly, is incomplete, or is not the correct format.
- The order has been flagged as potentially fraudulent.
- The artwork for the product has been detected as being inappropriate, poor quality, or the wrong format.
- Our system has automatically placed the order on hold for some other reason.
- Our support or production team has manually placed the order on hold for some other reason.
If an order has been placed on hold, you'll receive an email with the reason for the hold, and any steps you need to take to resolve this issue. Please make sure you have checked your spam folder for this email before contacting support.
To resolve most issues with an order on hold (except for invalid addresses), you'll need to use the Resolve A Problem tool. By clicking actions > Resolve a problem
You'll now be presented with options allowing you to resolve common issues with orders such as updating the shipping address, changing the artwork, or manually releasing the hold for high risk orders.
Resolving an invalid shipping address
When an order is placed on hold with an invalid address, an alert will appear on the order page.
When clicked you can amend the address quickly and easily without the use of the Resolve A Problem tool.
For both shipping details and customer name, the following must apply:
- Names must be Romanised - IE. must be in English or using Latin alphabet.
- Special characters or symbols are unsupported, regular accented letters are usually fine.
- Name must not exceed 100 chars.
USA Domestic Addresses
For US based addresses, the following must apply:
- The first line of the address must have a house/building number, and a street.
- If the address is an apartment/building, the apartment/suite/unit number is also required.
- The first line is limited to 150 chars total.
- City field is required
- ZIP field must be at least 5 digits long.
- Addresses must be one that USPS can ship toand included in the USPS database. This might be an issue if the house is a new building (not yet in the database) or the house is listed incorrectly in the database.
Using Google maps to find an address does not mean it is a valid address. For ease of location Google will often have invalid addresses appear. Melissa search tool can be used to find out if USPS ship there, or if there is missing/invalid info.
For International Addresses
For international addresses, the following must apply:
- Entire address must be Romanised (must be in English or using Latin alphabet)
- First line is limited to 150 chars total.
A phone number is required on the shipping address, by carrier rules.
Sellers should ensure they turn on phone numbers as required in the shipping address on their store checkout.
- ZIP/Postal codes are required. If a country does not implement postal codes, enter 00000
If you're confident the address meets all the above criteria and the order is still on hold, please contact support.