In March 2023 we rolled out an update to ShineOn > Shopify integration which upgrades the way orders are fulfilled from your Shopify store.
The way that orders are synced from your store to your ShineOn account will be slightly different, and you may notice that afterwards things work a little differently.
This guide will run you through how to apply the update, and how to solve any issues that might arise as a result of this change.
We've upgraded the ShineOn account to connect with Shopify in a newer, more efficient way. Most of the changes happened behind the scenes and will not impact the way you use your ShineOn account.
However, there is one important change we make to the way your Shopify store works. By applying the update, your store will switch from manual fulfillment, and now be set up for automatic fulfillment.
Previously order fulfillment was required to be set to manual, and the ShineOn > Shopify integration would update orders on your behalf. This has now changed, and will be automatically updated when you agree to the update in store permissions.
How to apply the update.
When you log in to the ShineOn dashboard, you'll see a message asking you to grant new permissions to ShineOn.
- Click Grant permission.
- You will then need to click Update on the next Shopify page
- You will now be returned to the ShineOn dashboard.
- Note that your products are being updated in the background at this stage. If you're a large store with a very large amount of products/variants. This update process can take up to 2 hours to complete.
I updated the app, and some orders didn't sync, what should I do?
First you should make sure your Shopify checkout settings are correctly set to automatic fulfilment.
- To update this setting, head to the Shopify Dashboard and go to settings
- Navigate to Checkout settings
- The setting to change can be found under the order processing segment. Click this.
- Click save, and you're done.
You should also check your products on shopify have been set up correctly and are syncing as they should. To do this:
- Head to your products list on Shopify
- Click the search button on the right
- Filter the options based on product vendor > ShineOn Fulfillment
- Select all and click Bulk edit
- Click columns and make sure "stocked at" is selected
- All products here should list ShineOn as the stocked at location. If they are not, this can cause problems with orders syncing. Review the products in the list and change any that are not accurate.
Fulfilling orders which didn't sync.
If the order is not marked as fulfilled, it's possible to request fulfillment for the orders that were missed:
- From within Shopify, locate the order which has not yet synced with ShineOn
- From within the order, click Request Fulfilment.
- The order will now sync
- Repeat this for all the unsynced orders.
If the orders are showing as fulfilled but did not sync:
- Simply duplicate the order in Shopify. under more actions > duplicate on the order page.