Pixel perfect products.
When creating ShineOn products, it's possible to download template artwork files, which can aid you in creating the best possible artwork. These files contain information on safe zones, bleed, and pixel size requirements.
This guide shows you where to get these files, and how to edit them in free online software.
Locating the template files.
First make a note of the name of the product you are creating. Then:
- Head over to out ShineOn creatives page via the menu
- Click Template Files.
- Click on the Template Files folder
- Navigate to the folder for the product you are creating and click on the templates folder
- The template file can be found and downloaded from here. It will be named "template" or "guide" or similar. Here are some examples:
Understanding and editing template files.
Once you have located and downloaded the template file, it will be in .psd format. This format is the format used for Adobe Photoshop, and if you're able to use Photoshop, you can.
If you do not have access to Photoshop, you can edit the files using a free online photo editing app called Photopea:
- Go to Photopea, and click Open From computer. Find the .psd file you downloaded and open it.
- The editor will load, and look something like this:
- The Blue solid line is the maximum bleed of the image. Background elements on your design should extend to this.
- The Red dotted line is where the image will be cut, once printed.
- The Green solid line is the safe zone. Text and elements intended to be read should not go outside this border.
- To add your own image to the design, click File > Open and Place.
- Navigate to an image file and open it.
- To resize the image to fit into the template, click Transform Controls.
- And use the resize nodes on the box around the image to resize it:
- To check if your design fits within the template guides, you can drag the image layer to re-order it underneath the guides layer. This will show the guides on top. When ready, be sure to move this back, or hide the guide layer by clicking the eye icon next to it, so that it's removed from view.
- Once you are happy with the placement of your design click File > Export as > PNG
- Check the resolution of the image is correct, and then click save.
You are now ready to upload this file onto your product!