Setting up Cash On Delivery > Shopify Integration
Once your COD application has been approved, you'll be able to set up direct integration with Shopify. When configured, any orders placed on your store using COD, will automatically be picked up by us and fulfilled using our Cash On Delivery service.
The process for this is pretty simple:
- Add the Cash On Delivery manual payment method to your Shopify Store
- (Optional) Use a third party Shopify app to collect COD fees from the customer (To cover your COD fees).
- Orders using the COD payment method get synced to your ShineOn Account under Orders > COD.
- We do not charge you the cost of goods or shipping at point of sale.
- We send a courier to deliver the goods and collect payment.
- Once the goods have been accepted and paid for, we deduct the cost of the goods, the shipping, and the $2.50 fee from the payment, and make the balance available to you as a payout, under Store Settings > Payouts.
- If goods are rejected, we charge a $5 fee and the shipping costs to the payment information on your ShineOn account. The cost of the goods are not charged.
- Delivery times and the cost of the goods remain the same as other order methods.
- All charges and payouts are paid in USD, after currency conversion.
- At this time, due to a limitation with Shopify, it is not possible to enable COD for some items and not others. Enabling COD enables it store-wide across all products.
- Due to a limitation with Shopify, it it not possible to charge buyers a fee for using COD without installing a third party Shopify app. No third party app is required if you choose not to charge a fee for COD.
- Payouts can take up to 10-15 days in some cases.
Setting up the COD Payment Method on Shopify.
First we must enable the COD Manual payment method on Shopify,
- In Shopfiy, go to Settings > Payments
- Locate Manual Payment Methods at the bottom of the page. Click Add Manual Payment
- Choose Cash On Delivery.
- Next you can add some additional information displayed to customers about this method at checkout. (For example; you may wish to notify customers that refunds on items delivered under COD are not accepted, or that they should have the exact amount prepared for payment at time of delivery)
- If you intend to collect a fee for COD, you should detail that an additional fee will be collected in the "Additional Details" box.
- When done, click Activate.
Functionality for COD > ShineOn integration is now enabled. Orders for ShineOn products which use the COD payment method will automatically sync at this stage.
You may wish to set up a shipping rate which collects a $5 fee for COD orders. But this is optional. To do so, follow the below.
Set up collection of COD fees.
By default Shopify does not have the ability to charge customers a fee for using the COD payment method. If you would like to collect a fee from customers for using COD, you will have to use a third party app such as Releaseit.
Note that ShineOn is not affliated with Releaseit in any way, and we do not provide support for issues that may arise from the use of Releaseit.
- Install the app from the above link to your store.
- After selecting your language, you can skip right to configuring your fee
- Then you can enable your fee
And you're done!
If you have completed set up correctly, the payment section of your checkout will look like the following: