For customers in the USA, it's possible to ship orders via Expedited Shipping, after some set up by you, the seller.
Once set up, Customers in the USA can choose to ship their order Expedited.
This works for Shopify only at this time, Etsy is planned and more information will be available soon.
Let's take a look at what you need to do.
Set up overview
The overall process of setting this up works as follows:
- A shipping profile must be configured for Shopify containing a special key word in the rate name (such as "Expedited")
- In the ShineOn App, you add that same keyword as a tag to the Expedited shipping method.
- When customers check out using that shipping profile, it will tell your ShineOn Account that order is Expedited, and will ship as such.
- On Shopfiy, click settings in the bottom left.
- Click Shipping and delivery.
- Click Create New Profile.
- Name the profile.
- Click Add Products, and choose which products should use the profile.
- Create a shipping zone for the United States.
- You will then need to add two shipping rates. One for your normal shipping rate, and another shipping rate for Expedited shipping. You can charge whatever you like for these. Make a note of what you have named the Expedited shipping rate, as this will form the basis of your tag, later. (In the screenshot below it is simply called Expedited)
Set up the tag on your ShineOn account.
Now that you have set up your Shipping rates in Shopify/Etsy, you'll need to set up the Shipping tag on your ShineOn account, so that when customers choose Expedited shipping, it syncs with your ShineOn account.
- From your ShineOn account. Go to Settings > Store settings.
- Under the "Shipping costs and Configuration" section in Pricing / Availability, click Make Default next to Expedited US.
- Type the keyword which matches the name of the Expedited shipping rate you set up before (In this case, Expedited) and click save.
- The tag will now appear next to the shipping name.
And you're done!
Now whenever a customer uses that shipping rate at checkout, it will sync with our systems and send expedited.