Customization made simple.
The new ShineOn Fast product page has been built with expansion in mind. It supports Shopify's Liquid template language, allowing you to add and re-arrange blocks containing content, apps, and custom code.
This guide will give you a quick run through some of the features, to get you started.
Customize your theme
From the Shopify Dashboard:
- Click Online Store
- Click Themes
- Click Customize
Locate the ShineOn product page
- Click the dropdown at the top
- Click Products
- Click ShineOn Fast (or one of the other product pages, if that is what you are using instead)
Understand the layout.
You'll be presented with a screen like this one.
On the left there will be a panel which shows the breakdown of components on the page.
Mousing over these pieces will highlight where they are displayed on the page.
Explore the options.
From here it's possible to do multiple things.
- Clicking on an item allows you to modify some properties of it, such as the color.
- Dragging the 6 dots icon allows you to re-arrange the item and move it to a different position on the page
- Clicking Add Block will allow you to add additional items, including content blocks from different apps. (For example, Review apps)
Using custom code.
If you're familiar with HTML and CSS it's possible for you to modify the product page an any number of ways.
To do so you will need to add your own block of custom code to the page.
- Click Add Block
- Click Custom Liquid
Any code you enter into here will override the base code of the page. Allowing you to make modifications to colors, layouts, positions and more.