Shopify uses a 'closed-cart' system. Because of this, In order to make sure upsells work correctly, upsell products need to appear as separate products in your store.
If you currently have a collection on your store which references all products in your store, then up-sell products will appear there, making them available to purchase as stand-alone products. This can become a problem as it is not possible for us to fulfill upsell only items.
To fix this, please complete the following steps to hide ShineOn add-on upsells from your collection pages.
- In Shopify admin, go to Products > Collections
- Click Create Collection button at the left corner of the page.
- Create a new collection by setting the title to Products.
- Set collection conditions to display all products except ShineOn upsell products.
- In Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Navigation.
- Edit the main menu item that references all products.
- Remove the former collection reference.
- Select the new collection you have just created: Products
Select Apply changes
... And you're done!