Whats up, mock-up?
We automatically generate a bunch of generic product mock ups for you when you create a design. But we also offer additional mock-up templates you are free to use which might better suit your niche.
These can be located from within the product editor. Check out the video and guide below to learn how to get them.
Adding automatic mock ups.
First, head to the ShineOn app and click on a product which you have already created, in order to open the product editor.
Scroll down and check out the images which have already been generated for you.
- Click Explore More Images, and on the pop-up you'll notice two buttons; Upload from device, and Load More.
- Clicking Upload from Device will allow to you upload images you have on your computer. This is useful if you have taken your own photos of the product you wish to use. You can upload those here.
- Clicking Load More will load another row of pre-generated mock-ups from our huge collection. We have hundreds of these images, and you can continue to click the button until you find as many images of the product as you like.
- You can click Add Image on as many images as you, when finished, click close.
- You will be taken back to the image collection.
And you're done! If you're a more advanced user and are comfortable downloading and editing image files, you may wish to consider the below:
Additional mock ups
Some products will have a asset folder which can be accessed by clicking Actions > Additional Resources
This will take you to a repository of blank image files which can be edited to include your design
These are free to download so go ahead and explore, and download what you like.
The file you will be working with is a .PSD file, which requires Adobe Photoshop to edit. However you can use free online alternatives such as Photopea - our personal favorite.
To make it easier for everyone, this guide will use Photopea:
- Go ahead and open Photopea now.
- Open the .PSD file you downloaded by dragging and dropping it onto the Photopea logo.
- The file will open.
- On the right you'll see three different layers. if you don't see this, click the layers tab.
- Double click on the square next to the "Design" layer.
- The layer will open up like a new document.
- This is where you can place your design.
- To do so, drag and drop your design file onto this area, and then resize it to fit the whole image by dragging the square in the corner until it fills the entire space.
- Finally, click the arrow at the top to confirm.
- Pay attention to the colored guide lines during this step. if any text falls outside of the green box, you will need to adjust your design and update your product, as these guidelines also apply for when your design is printed in our factory.
- Next, click File > Save as smart object.
- Then click on the original tab, and you will notice your design has been placed within the mock-up
- Next we need to save the file ready to upload to the product editor. Click File> Export as > .JPG
- And then click save. The file will download to your computer ready for the next step.
- Files over 5mb will not upload to the ShineOn app. Check to make sure your file will be under 5mb. This shouldn't be an issue when using .jpg. But If it is larger, resize the image by reducing the number of pixels in the height/width box during this step.
And you're done! the image file you just uploaded can be added by following the first part of this guide.