Manual orders via shopify are useful if you have a Shopify store but need to place an order without the customer checking out. This is typically used for customer service requests.
If you would like to place manual orders without a Shopify Store for some other reason (such as selling on 3rd party marketplaces like Ebay) then we recommend using the this simplified method.
Ensure product exists
You'll need to have created the product that you want to order using our app, and have it published to your store.
While in the ShineOn app (Shopify Admin > Apps > ShineOn Profits on Demand):
- Click New Product in the top right corner
- Pick the product from the catalog
- Upload your design (if this is a product with a design)
- Proceed, add a title, and Publish (don't worry about changing prices)
You now have your product published in our app and on your store.
Optional: If you want to customize the design/message card of every order:
- While editing the product in the ShineOn App, click More Actions > Enable Artwork Swapper
- Now every order placed for this product will ask you to upload the custom artwork in the app.
Create Draft Order
- In Shopify admin, go to Orders, then Create Order in the top right of the page.
- Add a customer profile, by clicking the search box on the right and then clicking Create a new customer
- Enter the customer's name and shipping address. You don't need to enter an email address. Save customer
Add the product
- On the left side of the screen, use the search bar to find your product
- For products with multiple variants, be sure to add the correct one. (Yes/No indicates if a product is to be engraved or not)
- You can add as many products to the order as needed.
- Optional: Add shipping (this won't affect the order if you don't add it)
Personalizations and buyer upload will be covered in another step, you don't need to set those here.
Submit and sync
After double checking the order details, you can save the order by using Mark as Paid button. This will create the order in your Shopify store. You can click through any notices that appear.
Next, go to Apps > ShineOn Profits on Demand > Orders
In the top right corner, click Sync Now
You should see the order appear in your orders list.
You've done it! 🥳
Our billing system will process the order, invoicing your payment method for the base costs + shipping.
Once the order has shipped, the tracking information will be visible in both the Shopify orders page, and our app.
Order status: Manual Review Required
- The order should have the red Fix Personalizations button
- Clicking it will let you set the engraving text.
- Once saved, the order will go off hold
For Buyer Upload:
- Start by cropping down the photo from the customer to the correct size and dimensions. For Hearts and Circles, it should be a square crop. For Dog Tags, a 1.1:2 ratio crop works.
- Next, click Fix Photo beside the order, and upload your photo
- Once saved, check how the photo looks once we've applied the shape mask to it. If it needs more adjustment, just upload the photo again with your changes.
Go back to the Orders page after, the order should be Awaiting Payment status now. If it has other issues, you'll be prompted to fix those first