Increase AOV with engravings
For many of our products, customers can add their personal touch to the item with our personalized laser engraving.
Using our optimized product page, eligible products will allow the customer to enter a personalized message for an upsell fee.
Fonts and character limits
We use one of 3 fonts for the text, depending on the product. You can preview them here:
Basic emoji, such as hearts, are supported. Text is scaled down the more characters are used. On 2-line products, the size is scaled by the longest line. The more equal length the 2 lines are, the better.
- Heart, Circle, Dog Tag pendants, keychains: 2 lines, (20 chars/line). Uses Tangerine font
- Graphic cross: front (2 chars), back (20 chars). Back uses Tangerine font.
- Artisan cross: 1 line on back (20 chars). Uses Tangerine font.
- Horizontal Bar: 1 line, (20 chars). Uses Tangerine font
- Vertical Stick: 2 or 4 sides (20 chars/line). Uses Courgette font
- Birthstone name necklace: 1 line, (16 chars). Uses Courgette font.
- Buyer Personalized watch: 2 lines, (20 chars/line). Uses Roboto font.
- Sweetest Hearts: 1-3 hearts, (1 char/heart). First heart must always have a character. Only supports heart emoji. Stamped item, no font.
We support the following languages:
- English (latin characters)
- Many latin-based fonts with accents (French, Spanish etc)
- Japanese and Chinese (most characters)
Buyer Personalized Watches do not support accents or other languages at this time.
The cost of the engraving is displayed in the variants list while you're editing a product in the ShineOn app/platform. It's usually around $5.
Certain products where Engraving is required (such as Vertical Stick or Artisan cross) the cost of engraving is included in the base cost.
When a customer order contains an engraved variant, the engraving text must be entered to proceed with the order.
If the customer no longer wants any text to be engraved, you'll need to resubmit the order to us for the non-engraved variant.
If your order has engraved text entered but the order is on hold, it could be for the following reasons:
- Unsupported language
- Unsupported emoji
- Engraving text exceeds the character limit
- First heart is blank (Sweetest Hearts necklace)
Resolving the above issues will allow the order to proceed.