Before You Start
Shopify's shipping settings are complex and lack flexibility. This means you should aim to use the simplest setup possible, to make it easier to configure now and in the future.
For example, while ShineOn charges an additional fee per item on the order, it's almost impossible to configure that in Shopify.
If you are inexperienced at using Shopify, we recommend setting up a free shipping for all profile, as it is the easiest to set up. You will then typically increase the cost of your items by a little to absorb the cost of shipping.
These guides assume you have no shipping rates currently configured on your store. If you have rates configured already, they may already work for our products without further adjustment.
Free Shipping allows you to not charge customers for shipping to some or all countries. Typically sellers will adjust their product pricing to absorb some of shipping cost.
ShineOn will still charge you our standard shipping rates, regardless of how much the customer paid for the shipping on your store.
- In Shopify Admin, go to Settings, then Shipping and delivery
- In General, click Manage Rates
- At the bottom where it has a section "Not Shipping From" click "Add Rates" beside your store default location if it's listed there.
- Click Add Rates beside ShineOn App and use "Use the same rates as..." your default location.
- Your setup should now look like the image above.
- Now click Create Shipping Zone
- Give it a name like US Domestic
- Search and tick United States
- Repeat this for Canada, and Rest of the World (pick whichever countries you want to ship to)
- Now beside US Zone, click Add Rates
- Use Set up your own rates
- Call this rate "Free US Shipping"
- Don't set a price, just click Done
Don't forget to click Save in the top right corner!
You can repeat this for your other countries or zones.Make sure you test your rates! Start a new checkout on your store and enter a shipping address for the country you want to check. If no rates appear, check your shipping settings.