Listing Products on Amazon.
Now that you have connected your Amazon seller account and your Shopify using CedCommerce, you're ready to start listing products on Amazon.
First you will need to create a Product Template on CedCommerce.
Let's get started.
Parts to this guide
- Create your products on the ShineOn app.
- Create a product template.
- Create a product template - Required Attributes.
- Create a product template - Additional Attributes.
- Set the Shipping template.
- Set the Gift options.
- Inventory Settings.
- Filter Products settings.
- Add products to the Amazon Sales Channel.
- Check the listing under CedCommerce.
- Tweak the listing on Amazon.
Create your products on the ShineOn app.
First you need to have a product created already which you want to list on Amazon. Go ahead and create a product or use one you have already. If you have yet to create one and would like to follow along with this guide, create a Love Knot Necklace now.
You can learn how to create new products here.
Any products created with the intention of selling on Amazon must not use the ShineOn Fast product page. You will need to ensure the normal ShineOn product page is selected for each product. Find out how to do that here.
Create a product template.
First we need to create a product template using CedCommerce:
- From your Shopify Dashboard find the CedCommerce App
- Click Settings under the CedCommerce app
- Click Product Templates
- Click Add New Template.
Create a product template - Required Attributes.
The information on the following section needs to be completed depending on which type of product you are looking to sell. And a new template will need to be created for each different product type on your store.
For the purpose of this guide, we will set up a template based on the Love Knot necklace under a womens niche.
- Name your template.
- Make sure GTIN exemption is ticked.
- Select Jewellery as the primary catagory and "fashionnecklacebracelettanklet" as the sub-catagory
The above options apply to all of our products.
- Choose the NodeID which matches your specific product the closest. In this case womens fashion necklaces/pendants.
If you are struggling to find the information you need for your product type that isn't listed in this guide, you can find specific information within the default product description when creating the product in the ShineOn app. All other information - such as information related to niche - will depend on the product you have created. This information is not an exact science, and you will have to fill it out as best as you can.
Under required Attributes:
- Click the arrow next to Auto-mapped attributes to drop down the box
- Click the drop down next to brand name and click Set custom
- Enter "Generic"
This needs to be the same information you entered when you applied for your GTIN exception in the set up guide.
- Click the drop down next to Manufacturer and click Set custom
- Enter "ShineOn"
For the remaining required attributes, if you know the value then you can choose "Select Amazon Recommendations" and search for the option (for example, your niche or the product materials) If you do not know the value or it doesn't apply to the product, choose "set custom" and type N/A.
Refer to the screenshot provided for the remaining options for the Love Knot necklace
Create a product template - Additional Attributes.
We need to add some optional Attributes to make sure this template will work correctly. Setting up these options allow for your products to have the variants publish as "styles" on your Amazon listing. Allowing the customer to choose between options such as luxury box etc.
- Click Add Attribute under Optional Attributes
- Select Variation theme under Amazon Attribute
- Select "Select amazon recommendations" under Shopify Attribute
- Select "StyleName"
Repeat the above process to fill in the remaining Attributes shown in the screenshot provided.
These might be named "optional" - but they aren't. They are required for the template to sync products correctly.
The Attributes above apply to all ShineOn products.
Set the Shipping template.
We need to add an optional attribute here to make sure this product will use the Shipping template you set up during the initial set up in the earlier guide as detailed here.
- Click Add Attribute under Optional Attributes.
- Select "Shipping-Template (merchant_shipping_group_name)" Under Amazon Attribute.
- Click the drop down next to Shopify Attribute and click Set custom.
- Type the name of your Shipping Template exactly as it appears on your Amazon account.
Double check to make sure there are no typos or mistakes during this step.
Set the Gift options.
ShineOn does not provide gift options for our products, so you'll need to include an Attribute to disable them on your listing.
- Click Add Attribute under Optional Attributes.
- Select "Offering Can Be Gift Messaged" Under Amazon Attribute.
- Click the drop down next to Shopify Attribute and click Select Amazon Recommendations.
- Under Recommendation, choose No
Next we need to set the options under Inventory Settings.
Most of the options here are optional, and can be left as their defaults. For now:
- Set the Handling time to 5 days
If you like, you can use the production timescales for your product instead.
- Be sure to select your location under warehouse (this will be your default address, most likely.)
Filter Products settings.
The final step for setting up the product template is the Filter Products settings.
- Click Title for the first option
- Click Contains for the section option
- Type in the Product Style in the third box. This template is for the Love Knot Necklace, so here I have entered Love Knot.
Applying this filter will apply this product template to all products where the title contains Love Knot on Shopify.
As your ShineOn products will contain the product type in the title by default, this filter will apply this product template to all products of that same type, provided you have not removed it from the title.
At least one product should fall under the filter, if not, the template cannot be saved.
Finally, Click Save. This will save the product template to all products that fall under this filter.
Every time you create new products which fall under this filter, you will need to come back to this step, and re-apply the filter in order for them to be added to this Product Template.
Add products to the Amazon Sales Channel.
When Setting up CedCommerce, a sales channel for Amazon will have been created on your Shopify account.
- From your Shopify Dashboard go to Products
- Click the checkbox next to the product you want to add to amazon.
This product must be one of the products which applied in the filter on the last step.
- Click More Actions
- Click Add Available Channels
- Make sure Amazon by CedCommerce is checked.
- Click Save.
Check the listing under CedCommerce.
Now new Amazon listings will be ready to create from within the CedCommerce App:
- From The Shopify Dashboard head to the CedCommerce App.
- Click Listings
Here you will see all of your Shopify Products you have created. If you have completed all of the previous steps correctly you will see your product template has been applied to the products that fall under that filter.
- Click the Check box next the product you would like to publish.
- Click Upload Products.
Occasionally the process to publish your product on Amazon can take up to 24 hours.
Tweak the listing on Amazon.
If you want to make changes to your product listing on Amazon:
- From the menu button in the top left of the Amazon dashboard, click inventory and then Manage All Inventory.
- Locate the product in the listings and click Edit
- Check out the options under each of the heading tabs.
- Edit to your preference.
Some things to consider changing:
- Removing images that aren't relevant to the product variant (if publishing multiple variants of a product).
- Change the wording of the title.
- Add bullet points.
- Update the description.
Once you are happy with the listing, click Save And Finish.
And you're done!
You are now finished!
Products are now published to Amazon, and through CedCommerce sales of those products will sync with Shopify, which in turn will Sync with the ShineOn app.
Remember, our Support is only able to offer official help for our direct integration with Shopify. If you require help with CedCommerce or Amazon, we recommend speaking to them directly, or using our Facebook group. Click here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.