Let's get set up.
To sell on Amazon, we need access to a few different apps and services.
If you've followed the previous guide, then by now you should have the following:
- An Amazon Seller Account
- A bank account for the correct currency
- A Shopify Account
- The ShineOn Shopify App installed on that account
- Access to your ShineOn account
- Some experience with using the ShineOn app, creating products, etc
If you're missing any of the above, you should go back and follow the previous guide so you can get caught up.
First we'll need to set everything up over on your Amazon account.
Let's get started.
Parts to this guide:
- Set up deposit method.
- Set up the shipping template
- Providing a return address, and a note on returns.
- Apply for a GTIN exemption.
- Connecting ShineOn to Amazon using CedCommerce.
Set up deposit method.
First you'll need to add your bank details to your Amazon Seller account so that you can get paid for orders.
To do so, head over to the Amazon Seller Dashboard:
- Click the settings cog in the top right.
- Click Account Info.
- Click Deposit methods.
From this screen you'll be able to add your bank details.
Note that your bank details must be from the same country as the market place you are selling in. For example if you are selling on amazon.com, you will need an american bank account to receive payment in USD. If you do not have this, you can use an online service like Payoneer or Wise to set up a bank account in the destination country, and then use those details.
Set up the shipping template
Next we need to fill out the shipping template. This will dictate how much you charge your customers for shipping, but will not change how much we charge you for shipping. How you fill out the template is not an exact science and is entirely up to you
For the purpose of this guide, we will set up free shipping. That is, you will not charge your customers for shipping. Instead you will increase the base cost of your items.
Click the settings cog in the top right.
- Click Shipping settings.
- Click the Shipping Templates Tab
- Click Create New Shipping Template.
- Name your Template.
- Uncheck 2 day delivery under Domestic Shipping.
- Uncheck free Economy under Domestic Shipping.
- Uncheck Expedited Shipping under Domestic Shipping.
- You should be left with just Standard shipping enabled under Domestic Shipping.
- Enable Standard Shipping under International Shipping.
- Check Europe.
- Fill out the shipping template so that it looks identical to the pictures below. Ensure that all costs are set to zero, and that transit times are correct.
- Click Save.
Providing a return address, and a note on returns.
Amazon automatically uses your billing address as your return address, if not Amazon may prompt you to enter a return address. Otherwise you can manually enter a return address by clicking on the settings cog and going to Account Info.
Here at ShineOn we do not accept returns or exchanges, and do not offer refunds to resolve issues unless under very specific circumstances. On our side we can offer to remake items which have been incorrectly received or do not meet QA standards. We will not ask for customers to send items back to us.
For this reason a return address isn't important, you can use your normal address as the returns address if you like, or you can sign up for a US address via an online provider such as Shipito.
Returnless resolutions by way of offering a full refund or replacement without a return, will be the way forward for your Amazon store.
You can find more information about our returns and refunds policy here In addition our policy on remakes can be found here
Be aware that Amazon may enforce resolutions to problems which fall outside of our returns or remakes policy. To help with this, we recommend enabling Package Protection for all orders.
Apply for a GTIN exemption.
ShineOn products do not have a barcode or product ID such as a UPC because they are bespoke made to order. In order to list them you'll need an GTIN exemption.
- Click here.
- Fill out the form so that it matches the screenshot pictured.
- Click Check For Eligibility.
- This process can take up to 20-30 minutes before being confirmed.
Once this completes, your Amazon Account is now ready!
Connecting ShineOn to Amazon using CedCommerce.
At this stage the in process you should have the following:
- Your Amazon Seller account set up.
- The ShineOn App installed on your Shopify store and set up completed.
From here we can connect the two using CedCommerce for Amazon. So that products created in the ShineOn App are created in Shopify and then listed on Amazon.
To do this:
- Go to CedCommerce by Amazon in the Shopify App Store
- Click Add App.
- Enter your Myshopify URL if prompted and log in.
- Review the information and click Add Sales Channel.
Next a screen will display from CedCommerce asking you to complete a few checks before proceeding.
Read and follow the steps as presented and continue when ready.
Be sure to follow these instructions carefully as failing to do so will result in problems with syncing your products and orders.
When you have finished the CedCommerce check lists:
- Click Connect Amazon Marketplace
- Choose the country your amazon Seller Account is located in and Click Connect
- You will be taken to your Amazon Seller Account, and asked to provide authorization to link the app. Check the box and Click Confirm.
You will redirect back to Shopify, Next you can choose a plan. For now you can simply choose the free plan.
CedCommerce is now connected.
Set up complete.
With CedCommerce connected to Shopify, you are now ready to start creating products and publishing them to Amazon.
Next you will need to add Your products to Amazon. Learn how to do that here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.